Report by the "Comité d'assistance aux étrangers de la Croix Rouge de Belgique" regarding the Nansen International Office for refugees and various correspondence from and to Michael Hansson, President of the Governing Body of the Nansen international office for refugees, J.D. de Montenach and M. Pilotti from the League of Nations.
Michael Hansson, from Norway, Ex-Président des Tribunaux Mixtes d'Egypte, agreed to become a member of the Committee of Experts.
Letter from Mr. Hansson to the Secretary-General of the LON detailing the inexact and even imaginary contents of T.F. Johnson's publication. Includes translations and press cuttings relating to the publication. Title of the publication "International Tramps: from Chaos to Permanent World Peace" by T.F. Johnson, Hutchinson, 1938.
File contains a Broadcast P. 37-1938 dated 18 November 1938 by Judge M. Hansson on the occasion of the award to the Nansen International Office for Refugees of the Nobel Peace Prize for 1938, and various correspondence regarding this award of the Nobel Prize.
File contains individual evacuation and financial assistance cases; on the immenent liquidation of the Nansen Office; and various documents including P.37-1938 concerning a broadcast by Judge Michael Hansson, President of the Governing Body of Nansen International Office for Refugees, Geneva, through the National Broadcasting Company, New York, on the occasion of the award to that Office of the Nobel Peace Prize for 1938, document (P.38-1938) concerning the arrival of Herbert Emerson as the High Commissioner of the LON for the Refugees, documents (C.A. 165-1938, C.A.169-1938 and C.A.172-1938) report from the "Comité de direction et Commission des Finances", documents (C.A.164 and 171-1938) minutes of the "Conseil d'administration", document (C.A. 163-1938) on report from the "Comité de Direction".
- League of Nations document of 19 January 1931 "Statuts de l'Office international Nansen pour les réfugiés"
- various correspondence between Michael Hansson, J. Avenol, G. Thélin, International Labour Office, M. Pilotti and Hallsten-Kallia.
- League of Nations document A.27.1931 of 27 July 1931 "Office international Nansen pour les réfugiés - Rapport du Conseil d'administration à la Douzième Assemblée de la Société des Nations"
- "Office international Nansen pour les réfugiés sous l'autorité de la Société des Nations - Comité de direction et Commission des finances - Extrait du rapport de la 23ème session mixte tenue les 7 et 8 septembre 1936"
- memorandum to the Governing Body of the Nansen International Office for Refugees from T.F.Johnson regarding his personal situation
- various correspondence between J. Avenol, League of Nations Secretary-General, M. Pilotti, M. Hansson, T.F. Johnson, etc.
- various correspondence regarding the appointment of a successor to Georges Werner and Michael Hansson's definitive acceptance of the Chairmanship of the Governing Body
- League of Nations document A.73.1936.XII of 9 October 1936 "Assistance internationale aux réfugiés - Rapport présenté par la Sixième Commission à l'Assemblée"
- a report in French from the President of the Governing Body of the Nansen international office for refugees on his trip to Syria, Lebanon and Greece
- an article in French by Michael Hansson on the Nansen international office for refugees, extract from the leaflet No.3 of 1938, entitled "Le Nord" (International review of the Northern countries).
Extract from a League of Nations leaflet regarding the problem of refugees "Le problème des réfugiés du point de vue international" (extrait du Bulletin de l'Enseignement de la Société des Nations, no.3, décembre 1936).
Correspondence with different NGOs relating to the future of Russian refugee relief work after the closing of the Nansen Office, letter of appreciation to Mr. Hansson for his effort in managing the Nansen Office, various articles in the press regarding Mr. Hansson's participation in the festival "Culture russe" in Geneva of 8th June 1937, in "La Tribune de Genève," "La Liberté Fribourg," "Agence Radio".